View the full agenda here.
Wednesday, June 21
11:00 Registration and Lunch
1:00 Program Start
1:20 Welcome Remarks
1:30 Opening Address- Michael Saylor, President, CEO and Chairman, MicroStrategy, Trustee, Saylor Academy
"How Implementing Solutions for Student Success is the Best Way to Improve Institutional ROI"
3:30 "Alternative Credentials vs. Degrees : Entree, Complement, or Replacement?"
- Moderator- Katie Hall, Director of Communications, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce
- Jeremiah Shifflett, Database Administrator, Lord Fairfax Community College/HigherEd.org
- Mike Adams, Co-Founder, MissionU
- Stephanie Krauss, Director of Special Projects, Jobs for the Future
4:45 Concurrent Breakouts Session 1
6:00 Dinner Reception
Thursday, June 22
8:00 Networking Breakfast/Activity
9:00 "Employers as Higher Education Partners: A New View into Degree Completion"
- Moderator: Marc Singer, Vice Provost, Center for the Assessment of Learning, Thomas Edison State University
- Cody Cleverly, Manager of Academic Programs, JetBlue Airways
- Kara Gwaltney, Director of Credit Evaluations, American Council on Education
- Lisa Mahoney, Director, National College Credit Recommendation Service
10:30 "Perspectives in Competency-Based Education"
- Moderator: Paul Fain, Managing Editor, Inside Higher Ed
- Mary Ellen Wiltrout, Digital Learning Scientist, MIT
- Cathrael Kazin, Managing Partner, Volta Learning Group
- Steve Phillips, Assistant Director, Center for the Assessment of Learning, Thomas Edison State University
12:00 Lowering Cost- OER Lightning Round
- Marie Cini, Provost, University of Maryland University College
- Richard Sebastian, Director, OER Degree Initiative, Achieving the Dream, Inc.
- Wayne Mackintosh, Director of the OER Foundation and UNESCO-ICDE Chair in OER at Otago Polytechnic
"Global Opportunities in Digital Learning"
2:30 Concurrent Breakouts -Session 2
3:30 Concurrent Breakouts- Session 3
4:30 Event End